INRETS in partnership with ECTRI, FERSI, ETRR, EURNEX, HUMANIST, NEARCTIS, APSN/ISN, EARPA and FEHRL organised an event included in the French EU Presidency agenda as the research event on surface transport related research called “Sustainable Transport & Mobility Research and Climate Change Challenge”.
The aim of this event was to demonstrate how the European surface transport research scientific community lives and implements the European Research Area Vision 2020.
The format was linked to the two issues behind this vision: the content side and the process and governance side, and brought in Europe the concept used by the American Academies Transport Research Board for its Summer schools.
Following this event, three deliverables will be produced:
- one “Lyon declaration” on ground transport research and the European Research Area 2020 Vision detailed by the two other deliverables.
- one about the follow up of the Green Paper about European Research Area.
- one containing proposals for the FP7 workprogrammes updating (2010-2013) and answering challenges faced by citizens, economy and governance of transport and interesting all transport research stakeholders.
This event was organised under the supervision of the European Union French Presidency, the Ministry for Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and Spatial planning, the Ministry for Higher Education and Research and the French National Institute for Transport and Safety Research. INRETS was glad to welcome this important event in its new headquarters in Lyon-Bron.
At the end of the event, the Lyon Declaration was signed by all the partners.
- FP7 Updating and European Economic Recovery Plan - Research part - Contribution of the partners of the French EU Presidency event
- Transport Related Research European Research Area Green Paper - Summary proceedings of the event